It’s been a tough month for Sydneysiders, and so many Australians. Here at SECC we want to reassure you we are still here for you.
Here is a brief update on activities at SECC during lockdown until 30 July:
- All our group activities, including at The Cottage and the Hub, are not running, with the exception of our SMOOSH before- and after-school programs.
- The Cottage staff are keeping in touch with clients and completing reassessments, as are our Flexible Respite and Social Support staff.
- Our Community Transport team is providing assistance with urgent medical appointments only.
- List-shopping is available to clients as part of our Social Support service.
- Our JP services are temporarily unavailable.
- Our Toy Library is not currently operating.
- Case work continues to be provided, and 55 families have accessed stay-at-home care packs.
- The People’s Pantry continues to operate to provide COVID-safe food relief.
- Our food services, including subsidised fruit and vegetable delivery, continue to operate. Enquiries: call Tania on (02) 8338 8506 or email her at email@example.com
- We are currently running a number of online community courses, including the Eco Art Journey, the No Scaredy Cats parenting program, and two CPR and First Aid workshops in August. Sign up on Eventbrite or login as a course user on our website.
If you are a senior or community member who would appreciate a phone call, please send us a message.
We are here for you if you need to talk on (02) 8338 8506. Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEO Kate Melhopt and the SECC Team