A new way to enjoy play
Have you ever considered using a toy library?
A toy library saves you money, reduces environmental damage, and can be a fun way to regularly introduce new toys to your little one.
We’re really proud of our Mascot Toy Library, which has over 500 toys for families to choose from.
Borrowing and drop off are limited to:
Mondays 10am to 4pm
Wednesdays 9.30am to 12 noon
Fridays 10am to 4pm
Call or text Tania at the library to arrange now on 0416 150 532.
Join our toy library today for just $30 a year.
- Access a large variety of toys that are frequently updated.
- Save money – the Toy Library’s Annual Membership Fee of $30 is less than the cost of one toy.
- Borrow toys instead of buying them. If it’s not a hit with your child you can swap it for something else.
- Borrow up to four toys every fortnight.
- Swap toys for something different each fortnight and save on storage space.
- Plan for your play dates, birthday parties and holidays by borrowing up to 20 toys for up to one month in advance.
- Prevent ‘toy burnout’. How often have you bought your child an expensive toy only for them to grow bored with it within days?
- To buy your membership, you can settle this with Tania at the Mascot Toy Library when you pick up your toys, or transfer your $30 to (BSB) 062239 (Account Number) 10182171 and mark the payment ‘Toy Library Membership’.
All the essentials
- Sign up now: using our online form
- Select: Browse and choose your toys online in the Toys section then pick up at The SECC Community Hub, 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot by arrangement with Tania…
- Contact: Tania on 0416 150 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Borrow: Membership allows you to borrow four toys every two weeks.
- Reservations: Reserve toys up to two weeks in advance
- Renew toys: You can renew toys online for another two weeks before their due date. You will be unable to renew if they have been reserved by another member.
- Overdue toys? A fee of $1 per toy per day (Monday to Friday) will be incurred for overdue toys.
- Batteries: Most of the library’s battery operated toys have rechargeable batteries. If they run out, please return them to the Toy Library for recharging. There is a $4 charge per battery if rechargeable batteries are not returned with the toy.
- Cleaning: All toys are cleaned and sanitised before lending. We also ask you to please clean and make sure all the pieces and tags of the toys are there before returning them and that they are returned in the same condition as when borrowed.
Toy Library Membership: What you need:
- Toy Library Annual Membership Fee: $30 to be paid upon joining. It is renewable on the anniversary of your joining date.
- Identification: Please bring two forms of identification with you when applying for your Toy Library Membership:
- 1. Your driver’s licence or passport
- 2. Your medicare card
- Membership Application Form: Fill in an online application form here and bring your payment and ID to 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot. Alternatively, come on in and fill in a form at the library.
Have some toys to donate?
Donations of toys will be gladly accepted if they are in good working order and meet Australian National Safety Standards.
Call us on 0416 150 532 or drop into the SECC Community Hub: 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot.