Browse our Toy Library – a new way to enjoy play
What’s a toy library?
It’s like a regular library but with toys instead of books.
Our members pay a membership fee of only $40 a year.
Toy libraries are:
- environmentally friendly
- save you money
- save space and reduce clutter
- build community; and
- give you a regular flow of engaging toys for your children.
All our toys are carefully cleaned and sanitised regularly.
Interested in becoming a member?
First have a look at the TOYS section of our online library
- Sign up now: Using our online form
- Transfer your $40 to (BSB) 062239 (Account Number) 10182171 and reference the payment ‘Toy + Your Name’
- Scan or Email a copy/photo of 2 forms of ID (Medicare card, Passport, Drivers Licence) – or provide these when you pick up your first toy loan
- Login and select: Browse and reserve your toys online in the Toys section then pick up at The SECC Community Hub, 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot during our regular hours or by arrangement with Tania 0416 150 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org…
Borrowing and drop off times are:
- Monday to Thursday: 9.30am to 3pm
- Friday: 9.30am to 2:30pm
Requests to borrow toys/reservations must be made by noon on Friday for Monday-Tuesday pick-up, noon on Tuesday for Wednesday- Thursday pick-up and noon on Thursday for Friday pick-up.
Join our toy library today for just $40 a year.
- Access a large variety of toys that are frequently updated.
- Save money – the Toy Library’s Annual Membership Fee of $40 is less than the cost of one toy.
- Borrow toys instead of buying them. If it’s not a hit with your child you can swap it for something else.
- Borrow up to six toys every fortnight.
- Swap toys for something different each fortnight and save on storage space, or renew your loan to borrow them for longer.
- Plan for your play dates, birthday parties and holidays by borrowing up to 20 toys for up to one month in advance.
- Prevent ‘toy burnout’. How often have you bought your child an expensive toy only for them to grow bored with it within days?
All the essentials
- Sign up now: Using our online form
- Select: Browse and choose your toys online in the Toys section then pick up and pay at The SECC Community Hub, 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot by arrangement with Tania…
- Contact: Tania on 0416 150 532 or email@example.com
- Borrow: Membership allows you to borrow six toys every two weeks.
- Reservations: Reserve toys up to two weeks in advance
- Renew toys: You can renew toys online for another two weeks before their due date. You will be unable to renew if they have been reserved by another member.
- Overdue toys? A fee of $1 per toy per day (Monday to Friday) will be incurred for overdue toys.
- Batteries: Most of the library’s battery operated toys have rechargeable batteries. If they run out, please return them to the Toy Library for recharging. There is a $4 charge per battery if rechargeable batteries are not returned with the toy.
- Cleaning: All toys are cleaned and sanitised before lending. We also ask you to please clean and make sure all the pieces and tags of the toys are there before returning them and that they are returned in the same condition as when borrowed.
Toy Library Membership: What you need:
- Toy Library Annual Membership Fee: $40 to be paid upon joining. It is renewable on the anniversary of your joining date.
- Identification: Please bring two forms of identification with you when applying for your Toy Library Membership:
1. Your driver’s licence or passport
2. Your medicare card
- Membership Application Form: Fill in an online application form and bring your payment and ID to The SECC Community Hub – 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot.
- Alternatively, come on in and fill in a form at the library.
Have some toys to donate?
Donations of toys will be gladly accepted if they are in good working order and meet Australian National Safety Standards.
Call us on 0416 150 532 or drop into the SECC Community Hub: 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot.