South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is seeking a Responsible Person with a passion for early childhood education and a desire to keep developing a great OSHC service in Sydney’s south-west.
From little things big things grow, as Paul Kelly sang – and we need someone with the desire to create an OSHC service using their unique skills and abilities, to nurture our beautiful children to follow their dreams.
You will need a high level of people and communication skills and at least two years’ demonstrated experience working with children to join our Safe Multicultural Out of School Hours (SMOOSH) team.
This is the chance for you to develop your skills and step up to the role of OSHC Responsible Person in one of two fabulous south-west Sydney school locations.
About the role:
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership and management qualities, be passionate, and love working with children.
You will demonstrate professionalism and ensure compliance with the NQF across all areas of your centre while creating a home away from home environment that is creative, warm and inviting.
You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
As the Responsible Person you will lead and direct a vibrant team of Senior Educators and Educators, reporting to the Nominated Supervisor and be person in charge of the day to day running of the centre.
- Ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills.
- Be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Confident professional with strong initiative.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Display emotional maturity and resilience.
- AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Early Education and Care or equivalent or relevant Degree or Early Childhood Education qualification
- Sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- Experience working in a Children’s service
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
- Ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain
- Current driver’s licence and willingness to travel
- Proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- Thorough attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Be prepared to work split shifts as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and QikKids.
Previous experience in a similar role
Experience in facilitating group games and sports
Knowledge of EEO, WH&S and Anti-Discrimination.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available.
Employment at South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check.
For further information or a copy of the position description please contact Bernadette Hawkins on 0415 816 866 Mon-Fri.
Applicants must address the Essential Criteria (above) in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Applications close by 9am Monday 22nd February 2021.
By email: Bernadette Hawkins – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
We look forward to hearing from you.