Five Minutes with Irene
Want to know us better?
We’re kicking off 2020 by telling you what makes us tick.
Today we’re spending five minutes with SECC’s Social and Flexible Respite Coordinator Irene Trovato. She makes a big difference in the lives of carers and clients who need that little bit of extra help and support.
1. How long have you been in your role?
2. What are three things you love about your current job?
- I love the client contact and the difference our services make to clients’ lives.
- I love the staff I work with. You’d be hard pressed to find a more committed and dedicated bunch of people. They always put the needs of clients first.
- Working for an organisation that values their staff and acknowledges that we have a life outside our work.
3. What was your first-ever job?
At the age of 14 I started work as a Woolworths checkout chick in Eastlakes.
4. What was your favourite TV show growing up?
I loved watching Hey Hey it’s Saturday.
5. Which store would you max out your credit card in if money was no object?
K-mart or Target, without a doubt.
6. What was your favourite toy as a kid?
My Cabbage Patch Kid.
7. What was your childhood nickname?
8. Do you have any phobias?
Where do I start?!
Heights, snakes, rats… the list goes on!
9. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
- Take my children to Greece and Italy to see where their grandparents were born;
- Go to an AFL game with a colleague who’s a crazy Swans supporter; and
- Pay off the mortgage!