A healthy workplace culture is hard to find, but here at South Eastern Community Connect we think we’ve pretty well nailed it.
Unlike many non-profits, we know the importance of effective communication.
We don’t leave our staff in the dark. We let them know what’s happening, and why, and involve you in key decisions.
Secondly, we are diverse. Our staff come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and this enhances our ability to support the community.
Thirdly, we believe in teamwork. No one is an island. We need each other to thrive. At work we are a family that supports and learns together.
We’d love you to join us if we’re the right fit for you…
With that in mind, we’re currently looking for a Home Care Packages Case Manager to support our rapidly growing aged care service.
About South Eastern Community Connect
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is a non-profit organisation with community centres in Eastlakes and Mascot, Sydney. Our services tackle the loneliness problem and equip people with skills for life.
The SECC team is here for the community, no matter the person’s age, cultural background or religion.
We are a great place to work because our CEO believes in fairness, justice, and compassionate leadership. Many of our staff have worked with us for over 20 years, and we continue to attract new team members as well who are regularly trained in communications, and skills relevant to their field.
We are recruiting for an exciting position within the Home Care Package team as we continue to grow and increase our support to the local community. This role will be a flexible position while we continue to build up our HCP client base. It will enable you to work across a range of programs in the interim while the case load grows, expanding your knowledge in the aged care sector and within South Eastern Community Connect.
As a Case Manager working with our older clients, you will assist in managing your own case load and coordinate our team of support staff.
You will help to network with others in the field and spread the word about our growing service.
You will provide effective and efficient case management, admin support, coordination of services (and on-call service as required) for clients receiving
individualised home care packages.
You will lead and manage a team of direct reports alongside other Case Managers within the team.
Experience and Skills
- Experience within the aged care sector.
- 2+ years Case Management experience.
- An understanding of Consumer Directed Care within Home Care Packages, as well as an understanding of HCP guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of the structure of individualised budgets within Consumer Directed Care.
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of older people and their carers.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement consumer-directed services, including those that cater for CALD and ATSI clients.
- Well-developed communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, problem solving, computing, client database management and time management skills.
- Current driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM databases and rostering systems.
- Experience in networking and promotion of services.
- Demonstrated ability in continuous quality improvement processes / outcomes.
Qualifications that would be preferable
A relevant qualification in Social Services / Welfare / Aged Care / Disabilities / Community / Case Management is preferred.
Note: This role is paid under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010, Level 4, Pay Point 1.
How to apply
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and your resume to Anne Clatworthy, HR Manager: email@example.com
Police check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to appointment. Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.