South Eastern Community Connect is looking for a Family Support Worker to join its team in a part-time (22.5 hours/week) role.
A community based not for profit organisation, we have operated for over 41 years in south-east Sydney.
SECC provides local communities with information, referral, support and a diverse range of community services.
We are looking for a person with high level of people and communication skills and demonstrated experience in children and family support to work in our family support team.
The Family Support Worker shall work under the direction of the Families and Children Services Team Leader and will have significant duties and responsibilities in relation to the provision of direct services to families and children in the Bayside, City of Sydney and Randwick Local Government Areas. The Family Support Worker shall provide direct care services to families and children in response to their individual needs as they arise through the support and delivery of supported playgroups, parenting programs/workshops and program development.
• Experience in the provision of direct services to families and children in the community. For example, supported playgroups
• Demonstrated skills and experience in program or service planning and program evaluation
• Knowledge of child protection, mandatory reporting and other legislative requirements in relation to working with families and children, and the ability to maintain professional and legally compliant documentation.
• Previous experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in a community setting.
• Relevant computer/IT skills, in particular experience in Office, email and internet.
• Experience implementing programs and activities to meet the needs of families and children
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrated understanding of family dynamics and child development
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good administration and practical skills
• Current driver’s licence and a reliable and comprehensively insured vehicle and ability to drive manual vehicles
• First Aid Certificate
• Ability to speak a community language.
• Previous experience working in a community organisation and/or family services.
• Demonstrated experience in networking and working in partnership with other agencies.
• Relevant Qualifications
• Knowledge of the Target group.
• Knowledge of the eastern Sydney region, its services, programs and issues
Common Selection Criteria
• Knowledge of EEO, WHS and Anti-Discrimination laws
Employment at the South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check. This position is being advertised under the SCHADS Award, Level 2.
For further information please contact Ashleigh Daines on 02 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applications must address the Essential selection criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
By email:- Ashleigh Daines – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website: secc.sydney for more information about South Eastern Community Connect.