SECC is seeking a motivated, caring and committed person to join our dynamic team.
You will fill the role of Dementia Day Centre Coordinator, located at The Cottage in Rushcutters Bay.
The salary is in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010, Level 6.1.
Hours of Duty: 38 hours per week.
· Tertiary qualifications in social work, diversional therapy, social sciences or welfare-related disciplines
· Experience in planning, development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation of dementia programs and activities within a Day Centre or Residential Aged Care Facility.
· Proven ability to review and monitor the social and recreational needs of elderly people
· Strong interpersonal skills applied across the spectrum of relationships – from individuals to high-level agency networking
· Demonstrated experience in human resources coordination and the ability to provide expert advice to volunteers and employees classified at a lower level
· Demonstrated ability to conduct and coordinate administrative tasks of a complex nature e.g. grant writing. You will be able to undertake basic research or collection of data, contribute towards the development of an outcome framework, and provide progress reports including service recommendations
· Ability to exercise a high level of communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with the public and other organisations
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Proven leadership, supervisory experience and guidance
· Problem solving and time management skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation including Workplace Health and Safety and industry practice
· Commitment to continuous quality improvement/outcomes
· First Aid certificate
· Ability to speak a second language
· Knowledge and understanding of CHSP programs and agencies
· Knowledge of the Eastern Sydney region, its services, programs and issues
Common Selection Criteria
· Knowledge of EEO, WH&S and Anti-Discrimination
Please forward your application, together with your cover letter and resume, addressing the selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00pm Sunday 2nd February.
For more information, call Kate Melhopt, CEO on 02 8338 8506.