South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is looking for a permanent full-time Centre Manager, reporting to our CEO Kate Melhopt.
The successful candidate will provide administrative, coordination and organisational support to ensure the effective and efficient operation of SECC’s head office. This includes day to day business functions, operational administration, program and activity support, compliance, staff administration processes and physical resources, IT troubleshooting and stock control.
We are a dynamic non-profit organisation with 40 years’ experience providing a range of services, programs, information and advocacy to people with a disability, children, older people and the wider community in the Bayside (Botany), City of Sydney, Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra communities. As a successful, community based organisation, SECC offers an ‘all stage of life’ service approach and aims to improve the quality of life for all people through social inclusion and elimination of all forms of discrimination.
AS OUR CENTRE MANAGER IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU HAVE:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administration role
- Experience implementing administration improvement initiatives with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases
- Excellent organisation skills and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be proactive and show initiative
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- A current driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Quality and timeliness of outputs and deliverables
- Compliance with regulatory requirements / service specifications
- Contribution to continuous improvement and SECC policy development
- Client and internal stakeholder feedback
- Professionalism when engaging with clients and staff.
- Manage tenancy arrangements including lease requirements, security access controls and building maintenance in compliance with health and safety and other statutory requirements
- Provide advice on current and future space requirements; including fit outs and any relocation requirements
- Manage contracts and vendors for all operational functions (cleaning, security, repairs and maintenance, air conditioning) including environmental management
- Implement and review policies and procedures related to office, facilities and building security
- Develop, implement and maintain the business continuity plan, including periodic reviews and testing
- Obtain competitive insurance quotes and manage all requisite insurances and insurance register
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer on facilities, WHS and business continuity planning
IT EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS
- Ability to assist the IT Consultant with basic IT troubleshooting and equipment installation
- Maintain IT and Communication systems licences and contracts
- Maintain IT register and maintenance /replacement schedules in conjunction with IT Consultant
RECORDS AND INFORMATION ADMINISTRATION
Provide general administrative support including general word processing duties (correspondence, filing, photocopying, mailouts), asset management, and archiving of materials.
- Maintain a record of all SECC’s Policies and Procedures and ensure they are made available to all team members
- Undertake administrative projects as agreed
- Provide reports to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors as required
- Manage the onboarding of new staff, including criminal and working with children checks
- Maintain team member records and policies and procedures relating to staff admin
- Maintain employee database e.g. annual leave/sick leave, TIL entitlements, training
- Act as SECCs Work, Health and Safety Officer and manage the implementation of the workplace health and safety policy, quarterly workplace inspection audits, fire warden training and ergonomic assessments
- Act as The Return to Work Officer and WorkCover liaison
- Work independently and be part of a team
- Support and supervise staff appropriate to the provision of services
- Contribute to the performance, values and capabilities of the team across the organisation
STOCKS AND SUPPLIES
- Order monthly office supplies and maintain inventory of stock
- Manage procurement, including obtaining competitive quotes and purchase major items of equipment in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise, manage and coordinate SECC’s Annual General Meeting
- Ensure that administration tasks are completed as directed
- Undertake other duties within the scope of this role, as directed
- Attend and participate in training and development activities
- Uphold privacy and confidentiality in relation to service users
- Ensure SECC’s policies and procedures are implemented
- Comply with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures and cooperate with SECC in ensuring the health and safety of self and others
We would love to meet you soon to see if this is the right fit.