· Are you passionate about helping others?
· Do you have a heart to support seniors within our community?
· Are you a dedicated team player and a true people person?
Then this might be the role for you.
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is a non-profit organisation with community centres in Eastlakes and Mascot, Sydney.
Our services tackle the loneliness problem and equip people with skills for life.
The SECC team is here for the community, no matter what age, cultural background or religion.We are a great place to work because our CEO believes in fairness, justice, and compassionate leadership.
Many of our staff have worked with us for over 20 years, and we continue to attract new team members as well who are regularly trained in communications, and skills relevant to their field.
Qualifications & experience
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care or Nursing, or in the process of completing.
- Current driver’s licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- CPR and First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain one
- Ability to work calmly in a high-pressure environment
- A good attitude and willingness to work across a range of demographics
Tasks & responsibilities
- Respite care
- Shopping support
- Individual social support
- Personal care
- Domestic assistance
- Basic cleaning
- Transport and fresh produce delivery
- We offer a competitive casual rate of $34.93 per hour, under the Level 2.1 SCHCADS Award 2010.
- We are a friendly non-profit community organisation which has been in operation in south-east Sydney for 42+ years.
- We are not just about ‘the bottom line’ but care about every individual client in our local community. There are no wait-lists and no waiting on the phone to be served.
- Our staff have an understanding of people from a range of cultural backgrounds, and many speak other languages.
- Our staff are passionate about helping others, supporting seniors who are doing it tough, and love to work in a team.
- South Eastern Community Connect is run by a caring and compassionate CEO who has been in the role for almost 11 years. She and her team support local people in practical, tangible ways.
- South Eastern Community Connect offers flexibility for working parents and others who have to juggle a range of responsibilities.
- South Eastern Community Connect regularly engages in training and upskilling its staff so their skills remain relevant and up-to-date.