· Are you passionate about helping others?
· Do you have a heart to support seniors within our community?
· Are you a dedicated team player and a true people person?
Then this might be the role for you.
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is seeking a qualified Aged Care Worker who cares deeply about the health and wellbeing of seniors.
You will work collaboratively in a team environment across the Randwick, City of Sydney and Bayside LGAs to create community connections with seniors.
You will be flexible, adaptable and willing to work across a range of aged care support roles for between 10 and 20 hours per week.
The position may include roles in:
· Transport and fresh produce delivery.
· Personal care.
· Domestic assistance.
· Flexible respite and shopping support.
· Individual social support.
· Basic cleaning.
Essential Selection Criteria
· Certificate 3 in Aged Care or equivalent.
· Current drivers licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle.
· CPR and First Aid Certificate, or the willingness to obtain.
· Willingness to multi-task and undertake a variety of roles across SECC’s aged care program.
· Ability to work calmly in a high-pressure environment.
· Basic computer, administration and smartphone skills.
· Willingness to learn about infection control in light of current regulations.
· A good attitude and a willingness to work across a range of demographics.
· Excellent people and communication skills.
· Ability to speak a community language.
· Knowledge of issues affecting the South East Sydney region.
Common Selection Criteria
· Knowledge of EEO, WHS and Anti-Discrimination
Conditions of Employment
· The terms and conditions of employment are those applying under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010 in conjunction with the National Employment Standards.
· All employees of South Eastern Community Connect are bound by the properly approved policies and procedures of the organisation.
· The employee is engaged as a probationary employee during an initial probationary period of six  months.
· Your employment at SECC is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation.
· It is a condition of your employment that you must be fit to perform the inherent requirements of your position at SECC. Throughout your employment, SECC may require you to undergo further medical assessments either as precautionary measures or in the event that a matter relating to your fitness to work arises. It is a condition of your employment that you consent to the medical examiner providing reports about your fitness for work to SECC.
· Up-to-date copies of the award, conditions of employment, policies and procedures are held in the office of South Eastern Community Connect.
· Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the SCHCADS Award 2010, Level 2.1.
· For further information please contact Kate Skinner on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
· Send your resume and cover letter before the end of this month to CEO Kate Melhopt at firstname.lastname@example.org