September is Dementia Awareness Months, and we are offering an information session for people with a recent diagnosis of dementia in their family:
When someone you love is diagnosed with dementia, there are many things for the family to consider:
- How to protect your loved one’s financial interests.
- How to plan for the potential cost of ongoing care.
- How to become a guardian to protect your loved ones legal rights.
- How to adjust to changes in daily life and find the right support at the right time.
These are important matters to look into early, when the person with dementia is able to make decisions as to how they want their affairs taken care of in the future and by whom.
- Amy Drewe, Diversional Therapist and Coordinator of The Cottage Dementia Day Centre, South Eastern Community Connect
- Natalie Ross, Solicitor/Clinical Supervisor, Kingsford Legal Centre
- John Corkill, Financial Planner, Bridges Financial Services Pty Limited
This is a FREE information session, but places are limited and registrations are essential.
11 September 2017, 1:30 – 3:30 PM
Tea and coffee will be served.
South Eastern Community Connect – Shop 84, Eastlakes Shopping Centre, Eastlakes