Kate Melhopt is the visionary CEO behind South Eastern Community Connect. Here, we find out a few things you may not know about our fearless leader.
1. How long have you been SECC’s CEO?
Over 10 years (and we celebrated this milestone in December).
2. What are three things you love about your job?
- Its diversity
- The constant challenges; and
- The people.
3. What was your first-ever job?
I became a babysitter in my early teens.
4. What was your favourite TV show growing up?
5. Which store would you max out your credit card in if money was no object?
Flight Centre as travel is a personal investment (although not really an option at the moment!)
6. What was your favourite toy as a kid?
I loved getting around on my roller skates and bike.
7. Do you have any phobias?
I can’t stand confined spaces!
9. What’s on your bucket list?
I’m still creating it! Watch this space.