Every month we spend five minutes with a SECC staff member who’s making a big difference in the community. Today we chat with our awesome Community Transport Coordinator Kate Skinner about her time as a lifeguard and her childhood passion for 90210 and roller skating.
1. Hi Kate! How long have you been working in the community transport role?
Since July 2019, so almost a year.
2. What are three things you love about your current job?
I love working with a supportive team. I also enjoy my interaction with the clients and hearing peoples’ amazing stories.
3. What was your first-ever job (and what age did you start)?
I started work life-guarding and teaching swim lessons at the age of 16.
4. What was your favourite TV show growing up?
90210. You can’t go past the adventures of Brenda and Brandon.
5. Which store would you max out your credit card in if money was no object?
Anthropologie. It’s an amazing clothing, accessories and homewares label.
6. What was your favourite toy as a kid?
I loved zooming around on my roller skates.
7. What was your childhood nickname (if any)?
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I would love to travel to the Galapagos Islands, Big Island, Hawaii, and the Mediterranean. One day!
For more articles like this, subscribe to our weekly e-news. No spam, we promise!