In our new weekly series, we introduce you to each of the staff that make South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) what it is. Today we chat with the person responsible for making sure our clients get from A to B and lead richer, fuller lives through interaction with their community.
1. Hi Lili. What’s your role within SECC?
I’m the Community Transport Coordinator.
2. What do you like most about your job?
I really like the interaction with our service users. Most people really do appreciate our assistance, and knowing that gives me a great deal of satisfaction.
3. In one sentence, what’s the best thing about the service you offer?
The best thing about the service we offer is helping people to connect to the world, be it socially, recreationally or medically; as individuals or as part of a group.
4. What’s one of your biggest hopes for our local community?
One of my biggest hopes is that everyone is able to access an adequate level of assistance so they can live in their own home comfortably for as long as possible.
5. And on a more serious note, what’s your all-time favourite dessert and why?
Cantonese-style egg tarts (below). How could you not love them?!
To find out more about South Eastern Community Connect’s flexible transport services, click here.