Ever wondered who’s working behind the scenes at South Eastern Community Connect (SECC)?
Well, in our new weekly series, we introduce you to each of the staff that make SECC what it is.
Today we chat with our office all-rounder Julie, who, as it happens, likes her G&Ts with a slice of lemon – or three…
1. Hi Julie. What’s your role within SECC?
I’m the Centre Coordinator.
2. What do you like most about your job?
I like the variety within our office environment and the people I work with.
I also like knowing we are helping people in our local community.
3. In one sentence, what’s the best thing about the service you offer?
Helping and guiding local people to empower themselves is really satisfying.
4. What’s one of your biggest hopes for our local community?
For our local community to be a safe and fun place to be.
5. And on a more serious note, what’s your all-time favourite dessert and why?
Awww… lemon tart, lemon meringue pie, lemon curd – lemons are so refreshing, and taste great in a Gin and Tonic as well!