South Eastern Community Connect is a community based not-for-profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years within the Bayside, City of Sydney and Randwick LGAs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a small team and facilitate community engagement programs, lead outreach services in the community, and use your administration and time management skills. You will work as part of a team to develop and deliver innovative community strengthening and community support programs with a focus on early intervention programs which support children, young people, families and the most vulnerable members of our community.
• Relevant degree in Community Development, Social Work or equivalent as well as a high level of relevant experience and expertise
• Experience in providing team leadership, supervision and guidance
• Experience in the planning, development, implementation, facilitation and evaluations of programs and activities which meet the needs of the whole community including the preparation of activity and project budgets which are evidence-based and best-practice informed.
• Experience in the provision of direct services and activities to people in the community across a wide variety of demographics and cultural backgrounds (e.g. youth, families, whole community etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to network and work cooperatively with other organisations
• Demonstrated experience in human resources coordination and the ability to provide expert advice to employees classified at a lower level, and volunteers.
• Demonstrated experience in contributing towards the development of work methods and the setting of outcomes for the effective delivery of community programs and events.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and coordinate administrative tasks of a complex nature, e.g. grant writing, including basic research or collection of data, contributing towards the development of an outcome framework, providing progress reports including recommendations, etc.
• Ability to set priorities, plan and organise your own work and that of lower-classified staff and/or volunteers and establish the most appropriate operational methods for the organisation
• Experience and willingness to work across multiple work sites with work spanning across more than one discipline.
• Demonstrated ability in continuous quality improvement processes/ outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills
• Ability to exercise a high level of communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with the public and other organisations
• Current driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
• First aid certificate
• Ability to speak a second language
• Knowledge of the Eastern Sydney region, its services, programs and issues
Common Selection Criteria:
• Knowledge of EEO, WH&S and Anti-Discrimination
Employment at the South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and a Working with Children Check. This position is being advertised under the SCHADS Award, Level 5.1.
For further information please contact Ashleigh Daines on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri.
Applicants must provide a cover letter which addresses all essential selection criteria and provide a copy of their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 08/02/19.
By email: Ashleigh Daines – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website for more information on South Eastern Community Connect.