- Are you building your career as an Aged Care or Social Support Worker?
- Do you have a strong interest in caring for older people?
- Do you want to sleep well at night knowing you’ve made a difference?
- Are you keen to help people with their practical needs?
- Do you want to work in a caring, nurturing, COVID-safe environment?
- Do you want ongoing job security with a trusted organisation?
- Do you want flexible working hours?
- Do you want to work for a vibrant community centre in your local area?
We’re currently looking for skilled Aged Care Workers who care deeply about the health and wellbeing of seniors.
Note: Male applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Public Health Orders require that all Aged Care Workers working in our LGA must be vaccinated.
As our successful candidate, you will:
- work collaboratively in a team environment across the Randwick, City of Sydney and Bayside LGAs to create connections with our older population
- be flexible with your weekday hours, adaptable, and willing to work across a range of aged care support roles.
- As our ideal candidate you will:
- have a lived experience of caring, and/or begun/ completed a Certificate 3 in Aged Care or Nursing
- have a current driver’s license and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- have a CPR and First Aid Certificate, or be willing to obtain one
- be able to work calmly in a high-pressure environment
- be able to follow instructions and aged care protocols
- have a good attitude and willingness to work calmly with a wide range of people
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Respite care
- Shopping support
- Individual social support
- Personal care, including showering
- Basic cleaning
- Transport and fresh produce delivery
- We offer a competitive casual rate of $36.40 per hour, under the Level 2.1 SCHADS Award 2010.
- We are a great place to work because we believe in fairness, justice, and compassionate leadership. Many of our staff have worked with us for over 20 years, and we continue to attract new team members who we support with training in skills relevant to their field.
- We are not about ‘the bottom line’ but care about every individual client in our local community. There are no wait-lists and no waiting on the phone to be served.
- Our staff have an understanding of people from a range of cultural backgrounds, and many speak other languages.
- Our staff are passionate about helping others, supporting seniors who are doing it tough, and love to work in a team.
- South Eastern Community Connect is run by a caring and compassionate CEO. We support local people in practical, tangible ways.
- South Eastern Community Connect offers flexibility for working parents and others who have to juggle a range of responsibilities.
- South Eastern Community Connect regularly engages in training and upskilling its staff so their skills remain relevant and up-to-date.
How to apply
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and your resume to Anne Clatworthy, HR Manager via Seek or alternatively to email@example.com
Police check and proof of Covid-19 vaccination will be required prior to appointment.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.