In our new weekly series, we introduce you to each of the staff that make South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) what it is. Today we chat with a person making a big difference in the lives of carers and clients who need that little bit of extra help and support.
1. Hi Irene. What’s your role within SECC?
2. What do you like most about your job?
I love working with our clients and hearing their stories about their lives, and I like hearing how much SECC makes a difference to them.
I also love the staff that work at our centre.
3. In one sentence, what’s the best thing about the service you offer?
Our social services allow clients to maintain their independence, which is so important.
4. What’s one of your biggest hopes for our local community?
One of my biggest hopes is that the community remains as diverse as it is. It’s great to see a community that’s representative of so many cultures.
5. And on a more serious note, what’s your all-time favourite dessert and why?
Everything tastes better when it’s baked!