South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is a community based not-for-profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years within the Bayside, City of Sydney and Randwick LGAs.
SECC has a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant to utilise their leadership and management expertise to oversee service delivery within SECC’s Child, Adolescent Family and Community programs while also maintaining an independent case management/ counselling caseload.
This is a unique position which will require an individual with strong time management, problem solving and outcome-based thinking to support the delivery of innovative early intervention programs and initiatives.
• Tertiary qualifications in social work, social sciences or welfare-related disciplines or equivalent, as well as a high level of relevant experience and expertise
• Strong sector knowledge including policy framework, funding arrangements and current reform agenda
• Demonstrated experience and ability to support and maintain a clinical caseload through the provision of case management, counselling or alternatively the provision of therapeutic group work
• A high level experience in providing leadership, supervision and clinical supervision to staff members
• A strong understanding of developmental and support needs of children, adolescents and their families and best practice/ evidence-based approaches
• Demonstrated experience in project management and the ability to deliver outcomes in accordance with specified budgets. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a management role with skills in staff supervision, financial management and policies/ procedures development
• Current driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
• Experience in the ability to negotiate matters on behalf of the organisation and/or ability to assist with decision-making in a particular work area such as the provision of expert advice.
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve outcomes for work areas for which you are responsible and implement effective evaluation measures across multiple work sites
• A high level of interpersonal and written skills and ability to utilise these skills to resolve organisational issues, negotiate contracts, develop and motivate staff, etc.
• Experience in exercising managerial control, involving the planning, direction, control and evaluation of operations which include providing analysis and interpretation
• Ability to exercise autonomy in establishing the operation of the work area and/or supervision/ management abilities exercised within a multi-disciplinary and multi-worksite organisation.
• Ability to speak a community language
• Knowledge of local community issues affecting the South East Sydney region
Common Selection Criteria:
• Working knowledge of EEO and workplace health and safety
Employment at South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and a Working with Children Check. This position is being advertised under the SCHADS Award, Level 6.1.
For further information please contact Ashleigh Holmes on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri.
Applicants must provide a cover letter which addresses all essential selection criteria and provide a copy of their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 8th February.
Apply by email to Ashleigh Holmes: email@example.com
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website for more information about South Eastern Community Connect.