Hello! Kate Melhopt here.
SECC is a not-for-profit organisation that has been proudly caring for and supporting locals for over 40 years.
Donations to SECC have a far-reaching impact, and we’d love to share with you the positive effect your contribution can make to the community and families of south-east Sydney at this time of year.
We need your support this tax time and your tax-deductible donation can make an enormous difference to our cause.
We’d like to introduce you to some of our community initiatives:
- The People’s Pantry. Our community kitchen cabinet is stocked with food, household items and childcare products provided by generous locals. We provide essential relief to families and community members doing it tough.
- Family Support Program. Sometimes a family needs a little extra support or advocacy. Our caseworkers are ready to offer professional assistance in a range of practical ways.
- Youth Program. We offer quality support for young people in south-east Sydney. SECC’s early intervention case management support is designed to assist young people aged between 12 and 25 years.
- The Cottage. This is our dedicated dementia day centre in Rushcutters Bay offering personalised support for people living with dementia, their families, and carers.
- Community Transport. This program supports the frail elderly people and their carers with shopping and bus trips, personal transport to medical appointments, and social outings.
- Respite Care. We offer support for frail elderly people and people with a dementia diagnosis.
- The SECC Hub. Our community centre is located at 1007 Botany Road, Mascot and it’s where we call home.
- SMOOSH before- and after-school care and vacation care. SMOOSH is a safe, vibrant, multicultural OSHC program running across four Sydney schools (outside of south-east Sydney) at a subsidised rate.
Often friendly faces pop their heads in to say “hello’’ and find about our services.
We believe care begins with a “cuppa” and a conversation.
Until now, our fundraising has primarily been word-of-mouth.
Our message has been shared over a kitchen table by those who have experienced or witnessed our services. They simply want to give back.
As tax time approaches, it’s time to pound the pavement and ask you to assist SECC to serve the community into the future.
Our invitation to you is to join us for a “cuppa and a conversation”, meet our team, and see the work we do.
Please come and visit us at our Mascot Community “Hub’’ at 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot. We are open weekdays from 9:30am – 2:30pm.
You can also email us to book a time.
We’ll show you how your contribution this end-of-financial-year will make a difference to people in your local community.
Many hands make light work.
We hope we can work together to assist a community in need. Thank you for your consideration and support this tax time.
And if you can’t make it in person, you simply donate to our cause right now.
Chief Executive Officer
South Eastern Community Connect
21 Vernon Ave
T (02) 8338 8506
(Eastlakes Head Office)
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm