South Eastern Community Connect is a community based not for profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years to support the local communities through a range of services for children and families, communities and the elderly.
We are seeking enthusiastic educators with a high level of people and communication skills and demonstrated experience working with children to join our Safe Multicultural Out of School Hours (SMOOSH) team.
SMOOSH Educators work under the direction of the SMOOSH Centre Coordinator to assist in the provision of a high-quality out of school care program which meets the expectations of the Approved Provider, families and children, as well as provide a high standard of care, activities and educational elements for those participating in the program aged 5–12 years in Bankstown and surrounding communities.
Educators will have the opportunity to work in a range of services caring for children:
• Out of School Hours care (during school terms).
• Casual work in Vacation Care (school holiday periods).
As a SMOOSH Educator you will be responsible for providing children with a safe, stimulating, play-based learning environment. Successful applicants will be highly motivated, reliable and enjoy working with children.
Available shifts include 6.30am to 9.00am and 2:30pm to 7pm Monday to Friday (split shift) during school terms and 7.00am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday during Vacation Care.
• Child care qualifications and/or relevant experience
• Demonstrated program coordination skills
• Demonstrated experience in children’s activity programming
• Demonstrated experience working positively in a team environment
• Demonstrated communication and administration skills
• First Aid Certificate
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and Framework for School Aged Care and My Time Our Place
• Ability to speak a community language
• Current driver’s licence
• Previous experience in an OSHC setting
• It is a mandatory requirement of this position to meet the requirements of a Working with Children Check
Employment at the South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check.
This position is being advertised under the Children Services Award Level 3A.1.
For further information or a copy of the position description please contact Ashleigh Daines on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Ongoing recruitment. Please apply as soon as possible.
By email: Ashleigh Daines – email@example.com
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website: www.secc.sydneyfor more information about South Eastern Community Connect.