We’re seeking enthusiastic educators with a high level of people and communication skills and demonstrated experience, with at least two years’ prior experience working with children in an OSHC capacity, to join our Safe Multicultural Out of School Hours (SMOOSH) team.
Suitable candidates will have the capabilities to take on supervisory tasks if required.
South Eastern Community Connect is a community based not for profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years to support local communities through a range of services for children and families, seniors, and the general community.
SMOOSH Educators shall work under the direction of the SMOOSH Nominated Supervisor to assist in the provision of a high-quality out of school care program which meets the expectations of the Approved Provider, families and children, as well as provide a high standard of care, activities and educational elements for those participating in the program, which include children aged 5-12 years in Bankstown and surrounding communities.
Educators will have the opportunity to work in a range of services caring for children:
• Out of School Hours care (during school terms).
• Casual work in Vacation Care (school holiday periods).
As a SMOOSH Educator you will be responsible for providing children with a safe, stimulating, play-based learning environment. Successful applicants will be highly motivated, reliable and enjoy working with children.
Available shifts include 7am – 9.00am and 2:30pm – 6pm Monday – Friday (split shift) during school terms and flexible hours 7:00am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday during Vacation Care.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in an OSHC environment
- Ability and willingness to take on supervisory tasks or mentoring junior staff as required
- Hold or be working towards a Diploma or Tertiary qualifications in relevant field (or equivalent), Child Care Qualifications and/or relevant experience
- A current First Aid, Anaphylaxis, Asthma and CPR Certificate or be willing to obtain;
- Demonstrated program coordination skills
- Demonstrated experience in children’s activity programming
- Demonstrated experience working positively in team environment
- Demonstrated communication and administration skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and Framework for School Aged Care and My Time Our Place
- Ability to speak a community language
- Current driver’s licence
It is a mandatory requirement of this position to meet the requirements of a Working with Children Check.
Employment at the South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check.
This position is being advertised under the Children Services Award.
For further information or a copy of the position description please contact Ashleigh Daines on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Ongoing recruitment, please apply as soon as possible.
By email: Anthony Hoban – email@example.com
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007 Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website: www.secc.sydney for more information about South Eastern Community Connect.