* Permanent full-time position available
* South-Western Sydney locations
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is a community based not for profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years to support communities in a range of services, programs and activities for children and families, seniors, and the general community.
SECC provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children (5-12 years) in Bankstown and surrounding suburbs, and is expanding its services further within South Western Sydney communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Nominated Supervisor with a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated experience working with children, to join our Safe Multicultural Out of School Hours (SMOOSH) team.
SECC offers a warm, caring and engaging environment for children, staff and families.
We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate about what you do, and love working with children.
You will demonstrate professionalism and ensure compliance with the NQF across all areas of your centres while creating a home-away-from-home environment that is creative, warm and inviting.
You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic, and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences.
You will have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
As the Nominated Supervisor you will lead and manage a vibrant team of Senior Educators and Educators and be in charge of the day-to-day running of centres.
- Ability to engage with and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude Relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
- Be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic Confident professional with strong initiative Be reliable Displays emotional maturity and resilience Essential criteria
- AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Early Education and Care or equivalent or relevant Degree or Early Childhood Education qualification Sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a Children’s service.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
- Ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification or willingness to obtain Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain
- Current driver’s licence
- Proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- Thorough attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Be prepared to work split shifts as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in facilitating group games and sports
- Knowledge of EEO, WH&S and Anti-Discrimination
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award, with generous salary packaging available.
Employment at South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check.
For further information or a copy of the position description please contact Ashleigh Daines on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
By email: Ashleigh Daines – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website: www.secc.sydney for more information about South Eastern Community Connect.