Sewing classes for parents
Want to learn to hem uniforms, repair clothes and sew simple projects and clothes for your children?
Then sign up for the South Eastern Community Connect Sewing Program for Parents.
The classes are run by a qualified teacher who’ll guide you through every step of the process.
We meet every Tuesday morning during school term from 9am to 12pm at the SECC Community Hub: 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot.
Cost: $10 per class.
Enquiries: (02) 7903 0607.
NOTE: $100 per school term, to be paid upon enrolment.
CHILDCARE: There is no childcare available, but children are allowed in the sessions as long as parents are supervising them. We set up a space in the room where the children can play, but parents are responsible for their children. We really hope you can join us! You can enrol and pay via Eventbrite, but if you’d prefer to pay in person that’s fine too.
Enquiries: Write to Nicole.
- Learn to use sewing and overlock machines.
- Learn to take your children’s measurements.
- Make alterations like shorten length and change zippers.
- Sew children’s clothes such as shorts, pyjamas and T-shirts.
- Make library and pencil bags.
- Use a pattern to make a garment.
- Classes run during school terms.
- Machines and tools are provided, but participants will need to buy material of their choice for their final project.
For more information contact us on 8338 8506 or 7903 0607, or leave your details below.