Sewing classes for parents
Want to learn to hem uniforms, repair clothes and sew simple projects and clothes for your children?
Then sign up for the South Eastern Community Connect Sewing Program for Parents.
The classes are run by a qualified teacher who’ll guide you through every step of the process.
We meet every Monday morning during school term from 10am to 12pm at the SECC Community Hub: 1007 Botany Rd, Mascot.
Cost: $10 per class.
NOTE: $50 deposit to be paid upon enrolment & $50 to be paid after week 5.
- Learn to use sewing and overlock machines.
- Learn to take your children’s measurements.
- Make alterations like shorten length and change zippers.
- Sew children’s clothes such as shorts, pyjamas and T-shirts.
- Make library and pencil bags.
- Use a pattern to make a garment.
- Classes run during school terms.
- Machines and tools are provided, but participants will need to buy material of their choice for their final project.
For more information contact us on 8338 8506 or 7903 0607, or leave your details below.