Every week we spend five minutes getting to know a SECC staff member. Today we chat with our new Accounts Admin Coordinator for our SMOOSH children’s programs. Welcome to the team, Melanie.
1. How long have you been working in the role?
2. What are three things you like about your current job?
- Being able to utilise a long career’s worth of skills and experience in child care to assist SECC in growing its OOSH services;
- Working with a young, enthusiastic team who obviously want to deliver great programs for their kids;
- Being back in a community driven organisation.
3. What was your first-ever job?
Filing and general duties in an accountant’s office after school. Yes, nerd from the start!
4. What was your favourite TV show growing up?
Eight is Enough, In the Wild with Harry Butler, and Countdown of course.
5. What would you max out your credit card on if money was no object?
6. What was your favourite toy as a kid? And why?
Dolls and prams of course (child-carer from the get go!)
7. What was your childhood nickname (if any)?
8. What’s on your bucket list?
- To be an advocate for better conditions and qualifications in OOSH
- To cruise down the Suez Canal from Italy to South Africa;
- To retire to a small coastal town.
9. If you had one message (or inspirational quote) for the local community, what would it be?
There are two quotes I love that reflect my beliefs for a strong, community driven society.
“Where women are full participants in a country’s politics or economy, societies are more likely to succeed.”
“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
For more articles like this, subscribe to our weekly e-news. No spam, we promise!