We are currently looking for a part-time or casual educator for our SMOOSH before- and after-school program in Sydney’s south-west.
South Eastern Community Connect is a community based not for profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years to support the local communities through a range of services for children and families, communities and the elderly.
We are seeking enthusiastic educators with a high level of people and communication skills and demonstrated experience working with children to join our Safe Multicultural Out of School Hours (SMOOSH) team.
SMOOSH Educators work under the direction of the SMOOSH Centre Coordinator to assist in the provision of a high quality out of school care program which meets the expectations of the Approved Provider, families and children as well as provide a high standard of care, activities and educational elements for those participating in the program aged 5 – 12 years in Campbelltown East or Bankstown and surrounding communities. Educators will have the opportunity to work in a range of services caring for children across our multiple sites:
• Out of School Hours care (during school terms).
• Casual work in Vacation Care (school holiday periods).
As a SMOOSH Educator you will be responsible for providing children with a safe, stimulating, play-based learning environment. Successful applicants will be highly motivated, reliable and enjoy working with children!
Available shifts include 6.30am to 9.00am and 2:30pm to 6.30pm weekdays (split shift) during school terms and 7:00am – 7:00pm weekdays during Vacation Care at our vacation care sites in the South West Sydney region.
• Child Care Qualifications and/or relevant experience
• Demonstrated program coordination skills
• Demonstrated experience in children’s activity programming
• Demonstrated experience working positively in team environment
• Demonstrated communication and administration skills
• First Aid Certificate
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and Framework for School Aged Care and My Time Our Place
• Ability to speak a community language
• Current drivers licence
• Previous experience in an OSHC setting
• It is a mandatory requirement of this position to meet the requirements of a Working with Children Check
Employment at the South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check.
This position is being advertised under the Children Services Award Level 3.1.
For further information or a copy of the position description please contact Anthony Hoban on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Ongoing recruitment: please apply as soon as possible.
Apply by email: Anthony Hoban – email@example.com
Or by mail to:
Children Services Manager
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website: www.secc.sydney for more information about South Eastern Community Connect.