Civil Rights & Responsibilities
All clients attending South Eastern Community Connect have the right to feel safe and be treated with dignity and respect when attending the Centre’s Programmes. Behaviour that is offensive, abusive or threatening will not be tolerated and may result in a client’s exclusion from the Centre’s services.
- Be provided with information about our services and how they can be accessed.
- Make choices regarding services provided.
- Confidentiality and privacy to the fullest extent we can lawfully provide.
- Be informed on how and why we keep information about you and how and when you can access that information.
- Receive high quality, safe, fair, respectful and affordable services based on your needs and delivered without discrimination.
- Receive accurate, relevant, easy to understand information which is delivered in a timely manner.
- Give us feedback at any time.
- Make a complaint and expect that we will respond promptly, fairly and with sensitivity. Please ask about the Complaints Procedure.
- Assistance to meet the needs you have recognised and identified.
- Keep your appointments or give notice of changes to service requests at least one day before if you have to cancel or change the appointment time.
- Pay our fees at the time you use our service. Please discuss with staff if you have difficulty with payment of fees.
- Advise of any changes to personal circumstances, for example, hospital admission, stop or restart a service, marital separation, court orders.
- Respect the rights and diversity of others and treat others with courtesy and dignity.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding information about other clients or participants in groups or programs conducted by the Centre.
- Behave in a manner which does not cause undue disruption to staff and other users of the Centre.
- To use all safety equipment as directed including, seatbelts when travelling in vehicles.
- Show proper care and regard for the Centre’s facilities, other people’s property and agree to compensate or meet all claims of any person for personal injury or loss or damage to property.
- Ensure any complaint about our service is made within a reasonable time frame so we can respond to it effectively.
- Provide clients with information about South Eastern Community Connect services and a copy of the Rights and Responsibilities following the assessment.
- Deliver efficient and effective services that meet client needs, according to available resources at the Centre.
- Discuss privacy and confidentiality issues with clients and possible limits to confidentiality, for example duty of care, data collection.
- Allow clients to have access to any of their personal information held by South Eastern Community Connect.
- Assess client needs and have reassessment when the client’s needs change.
- Provide an advocate or assist any advocate of a client’s choice to act on behalf of a client.
- Assist client in making complaints about South Eastern Community Connect.